Sunday, October 28, 2012

infrequent



Another Sauble Sunset. This one is refracted first through a Carson's window and then through the beautiful centrepieces at Melissa and Joel's wedding. August 31st, 2012.





Meanwhile, though.

For long periods of time I have completely forgotten about this blog. Or ignored it. Sometimes I think I should probably quit it. Delete it. Remove it from cyberspace.
Nobody reads it anyway, right.

Once in a while, though, I like (I need!) to page back in time (much less work is involved in paging back through the blog than in paging back through the volumes of scribbly physical journal...heh...). And I like what I've written! For the most part anyway. I love to relive how I felt while writing each post. That moment when an idea worms its way into my consciousness, refusing to accept anything less than my full attention until I have given it at least a virtual existence here in blogworld. That delicious sense of accomplishment when words woven together make their internet debut (--and make sense too...actually not a common occurrence these days, unfortunately...). That coming-alive-ness sparked by the intersection of abstract concepts and a creepy correlation of real-life events which relate to the abstraction and bring to it a sort of reality. That happy satisfaction in finding just the perfect amount of vagueness to clearly communicate what's on my heart to say.



Other parts of life can spark this coming-alive-ness.
Maybe we just need to move a few pieces around.
Let in some fresh air.
Add a piece of kindling or something.
Something. (go back to school!? expensive option but totally worth it, just for this high...)

Once in a while I like (I need!) to page back in time, to be reminded of that ideal alive-ness (YA that's a pun!). So here is yet another reminder. On the more melancholy side of things. Shout back to this, again.

...that's all for now. More in another month or so.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm looking for the alive-ness too. For me, I think travel is the best spark (or kindling, or whatever). In this case--back to Toronto.