Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blogger has a new interface! Looks nice! Go Blogger!

I wonder if I will blog more often now?  ...?






So summer 2011 comes to a close. The last few weeks have looked a lot different than originally intended; Frosh Week didn't happen--which is super sad--, but I got to enjoy a cottage with some dear friends, and then spent more than 24 solid hours at Killbear. So good. (and of course a weekend at Sauble fits in there too somewhere. August was alright!)


...drank lots of coffee (death-strong! stove-top espresso stretched out with nice strong dark roasted french press...), relaxed, pretended to write a (now late) paper. It was good to get away briefly.

Also this summer: bought a car. bought an iPhone (whaaaaaaaat!). Saw lots of some friends, and didn't see enough of other friends. Learned a bunch about family and what it means to love each other when we're broken and our community is too. Lived out of a pile (seriously need to do something about that. Moving home is just fine except when you've been away for a bit and your space is now space you're borrowing back and you're not sure where to put all your stuff--and there's a lot of it... Most of it should go in the garbage but that's a lot of sorting to do...another day...).

Sometimes when I'm down I look through recent photos on Facebook to remind myself that life is actually pretty awesome. So many beautiful people that I get to love in my life. This summer was pretty slow for photos--actually, there wasn't a lot on there for a long while and it was pretty upsetting. Not that life is defined by how it's represented in Facebook photos, but because there were fewer fun events to remember in those photos... The last bit of summer's been a lot better...and now I have the fun Mobile Uploads album from my silly iPhone splurge (kind of makes me wonder what will happen to my dearly beloved Lumix...hrrm...). But the colours and the beautiful faces (other people's photos---I still don't take good people photos. I'll probably just stick with the colours) continue to represent some good stuff. Good reminder that life is actually pretty full. Thanks, Facebook.

Andrea, I forget what you called this little exercise, but whatever the name is should be the new name for my blog. Here's hoping that, having written a little on here I can now go back to my paper and get some solid words down. Tie some thoughts together. Yesterday I procrastibaked, Saturday I procrasticleaned (I don't know when Dad's car was cleaned last but it was GROSS) and I can't procrastishop right now because Keegan just left in my car (although if I'm determined enough I can bike to the mall. Need new jeans!).









So. Summer has to end and we have to write a paper.

No comments: