Thursday, April 12, 2012

sick joke

You know what just occurred to me? The process of writing this thesis is a little like being sick. Let me elaborate.
I find when I have the flu that I KNOW I'll feel better if I just go ahead and puke. But the process just sucks so much that I don't want to. So then I whine and complain and grouch and suffer for longer, because I want to put off puking for as long as possible. Same with this paper. I KNOW I'll feel SO much better once this thing is done (ON TIME) and I can graduate. I KNOW I want to lose this intense layer of stress and get on with life. But the process of writing is soooooo frustrating. So then I whine and complain and grouch and suffer for longer. Because I want to put off the writing process for as long as possible.

Also, throughout the whining and complaining and grouching and suffering, I can't ever go very far away from the toilet/computer, for fear that I'll come up with something and not have anywhere appropriate to put it.

THE DIFFERENCE. Is that often the flu ends up causing a bunch of weight loss. This paper is having the opposite effect. Times a million.

Yo I gotta get back to writing. Just wanted to share that thought. Not sure if thinking about this is nicer than thinking about being constipapered...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love it. Happy writing. :)